Updated October 11, 2023
• Visit our website at mywarmboots.com
• You engage with us to other ways, including sales, marketing or events
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS
What personal information do we process?
When you visit, use our services, or browse our website, we may process your personal information based on how you interact with My Warm Boots and our services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. Learn more about the personal information you disclose to us.
Do we process personal and sensitive information?
No, we do not process personal and sensitive information.
Do we receive information from third parties?
No, we do not receive third party information.
How do we process your information?
We process your information to provide, improve and administer our services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with the law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent. We process your information only for legal reasons. Learn more about how we process your information.
In what situations and with what types of parties do we share personal information?
We may share information in specific situations and with specific categories of our parties. Learn more about when and with whom we share your personal information.
How do we protect your information?
We have organizational and technical processes and procedures in place to protect your personal information. However, no transmission of information over the Internet or the security of information storage technology can be guaranteed 100%, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and inappropriately collect, access, steal or modify your information. Learn more about how we protect your information.
What are your rights?
Depending on your location, applicable privacy law may mean that you have certain rights regarding your personal information. Learn more about your rights.
How do you exercise your rights?
The easiest way to exercise your rights is to submit a request for access to the person concerned or to contact us. We will consider and act on any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Would you like to know more about what My Warm Boots does with the information we collect?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In summary : We only collect personal information that you give to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest to obtain information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the Services or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Informationwhat we collect depends on your interactions with us and our services, the choices you make, and the products you use. The information we collect may include:
• Internet Protocol (IP) address
• Email address
• Telephone number
Sensitive information: We do not process sensitive information. All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to that personal information.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In summary : We process your information to improve and administer our services. For the purpose of communicating with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with the law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for several reasons, depending on how you interact with our services , including:
- To fulfill and manage your orders. We may process your information to fulfill and manage your orders and payments through the Services.
- To request your feedback. We may use your information as necessary to request feedback and contact you about your use of our services.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To comply with our legal obligations. /strong> We may process your information to comply with our legal obligations, respond to legal requests and exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE USE TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In summary: We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a legal reason to do so under applicable law, such as with your consent , to comply with laws, to provide services to you, to fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights or to meet our legitimate business interests.
We may process your information if you have given us specific authorization to use your personal information for specific purposes, or in situations where your authorization can be inferred. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In certain exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted, under applicable law, to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If the processing of the information is clearly in the interest of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in time
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions under certain conditions
- If contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to evaluate, process or settle an insurance claim
- To identify injured, ill or deceased individuals and communicate with family
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that a person has been, is, or may be a victim of financial exploitation
- If it is reasonable to expect that that the collection and use with consent compromises the availability or accuracy of the information and that the collection is reasonable for purposes related to an investigation of a violation of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is necessary to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order or court rules relating to the production of documents
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes
- If the information is accessible to the public
4. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In Summary : We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following categories of third parties.
- Third-party service providers and consultants. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who provide services for us or on our behalf and who need access to this information to carry out this work.
The categories of third parties with whom we may share personal information are as follows: p>
- Advertising networks
- Affiliate marketing programs
- IT services
- Data Analytics Services
- Sales and Marketing Tools
- Website Service Providers
We may also need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer your information during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. < li>When we use Google Mapsplatforms. We may share your information with certain Google Maps Platform APIs (for example, Google Maps API, Places API).
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will delete or anonymize that information. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely delete it.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In summary: We aim to protect your personal information in an organized and secure system.
We have implemented security measures appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission of information over the Internet, or information storage technology, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Therefore, we cannot guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals or other unauthorized web users will not be able to defeat the security of our website and inappropriately collect, access, steal or modify your information. . Although we do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information is at your own risk. You only need to access the Services in a secure environment.
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In summary : We do not knowingly collect personal data from or display it to children under the age of 14.
We do not knowingly solicit personal information from or display it to children under 14 years of age. By browsing our website, you declare that you are at least 14 years old and over and that if you are under 14 years old, you declare that you have obtained authorization from your parental authority or your legal guardian. ) regarding the use and disclosure of your personal information on the My Warm Boots website.
If we learn that personal information of users under the age of 14 has been collected without consent of their parental authority or guardian, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable steps to promptly delete such data from our records. If you are aware of any data we may have collected from children under 14, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Summary : In some regions, such as Canada, you have rights that give you access and control over your personal information. You can review, change, or delete your account at any time.
We will review and act upon any request under applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or the United Kingdom and you believe that we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority of your Member State or the data protection authority of the United Kingdom.
If you reside in Switzerland, you can contact the Officer federal government on data protection and transparency.
Cookies and similar technologies : Most web browsers are configured to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to configure your browser to delete cookies and reject cookies. If you choose to delete or reject cookies, this may affect certain features or services on our website. You can also opt out of interest-based advertising from advertisers on our Services.
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy rights, you can email us at < a href="mailto:email@example.com" title="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com
10. DO NOT TRACK (DNT) FEATURE
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Summary: Yes, if you are a California resident, you have specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about the categories of personal information we disclose to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we have shared personal information in the preceding year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age and a resident of California and that you have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request deletion of this data, please contact us using the contact information below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will ensure that data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that data may not be completely removed from all of our systems.
In summary : Yes, we make updates to this policy as necessary to remain compliant with the laws.
For any questions relating to the protection of your personal information, you can contact our data protection officer, Mickael Legault, President, Zéro Un Zéro inc., by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
Zéro Un Zéro, 6721 rue Louis-Hemon, Montréal, Qc. H2G2L3
14. HOW CAN YOU CHECK, UPDATE OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
You have the right to request access to your personal information, to modify this information or to delete it. To request to review, update or delete your personal information, please contact us.